Why Aren't There More Hours In The Day???

Not too long ago I posted my Top Ten favorite recent reads. Well, now I'm gonna share those books that are either sitting on my nightstand just beggin' to be read, or that I'm (im)patiently counting down the days for. Also known as: The Top Ten Reasons I Wish I Was A Speed Reader!

INSURGENT by Veronica Roth. DIVERGENT made my recent Top Ten faves, but I still haven't gotten around to INSURGENT, which is sad because I'm D-Y-I-N-G to know what happens next!!!  Plus, I totally need more Four!

BEAUTIFUL REDEMPTION by Margaret Stohl and Kami Garcia. Okay, so BEAUTIFUL CREATURES makes my faves of all-time list (which I haven't posted yet, but I totally will). This is one of those series you get lost in: the writing, the imagery, the characters (oh, the characters!). Plus, BEAUTIFUL CREATURES is coming to the big screen February 2013, so if you haven't already started then you'd better get on it!

TIGER'S CURSE by Colleen Houck. Yes, everyone's read these books already, but I'm always behind (did you not see the title of the post?!).  I adore Colleen. And shapeshifters. And kissing. So I have a feeling this one's right up my alley!

UNSPOKEN and TEAM HUMAN (I'm counting these two titles as one since they're both by Sarah Rees Brennan...although TEAM HUMAN is co-authored by Justine Larbalestier).  Oh, how I love me some SRB! She's smart, charming, Irish, and awesomely hilarious!


SPLINTERED by A.G. Howard. Do I really have to say anything? Just look at that cover...


A MILLION SUNS by Beth Revis. I was so enamored by ACROSS THE UNIVERSE that I think I'm sort of afraid to start A MILLION SUNS. Not because it won't live up to the first one, but more because I don't want this series to ever, ever, EVER end. Ever.


UNCONTROLLABLE by S.R. Johannes. I might not be a nature girl, but I loved reading Grace's plight in UNTRACEABLE, and can't wait to see what she'll be up to next!

CINDER by Marissa Meyer. Meyer blends sci-fi with fairy tale, and honestly, what more could a girl want???

DIE FOR ME by Amy Plum. Seriously, another one that's been out forever that I still haven't gotten around to reading, but I totally should. What it has to offer: a Paris backdrop, creatures called Revenants, and, you guessed it, kissing! Ooh-la-la!!!

And, because I've mentioned before that I can't count, here's a list of upcoming debuts that I'm dying to get my hands on:  MILA 2.0 by Debra Driza, THE MADMAN'S DAUGHTER by Megan Shepherd, LEVEL 2 by Lenore Appelhans, LET THE SKY FALL by Shannon Messenger, and TAKEN by Erin Bowman.

I could seriously keep going and going, but I have to stop somewhere, so now it's your turn...

What's on your reading wish-list???


Comments

Too many books, so little time! Story of my life. Gah!
I'm right there with you, Britney ;)
Anonymous said…
i love your books and read them in two days because im a speed reader. My mom gets mad at me all th time cause i keep asking for boooks and she say dinint i just get you some!!!!

~A.A.
AA - I wish I could speed read like that!!!!