Huge Huge HUGE News (x2)!!!!!

If you’ve been paying attention the last couple of months, you may have noticed me dropping a few subtle hints around the blogosphere. You know, little comments about how I would LOVE to continue The Body Finder Series, plus little hints about a super-secret project I’ve been working on.

Fine, maybe I wasn’t SO subtle but whatever; I’ve never been the best secret-keeper anyway.

Well, after what seemed like an eternity, I can finally tell you my latest news, which was just announced in Publishers Weekly. But basically, the jist of the deal is: I HAVE MORE BOOKS COMING OUT!!!!

First, my super-secret project news (which I’ve been sitting on the longest!).

I have a new book called THE PLEDGE releasing November 15th, 2011 from McElderry (Simon & Schuster)! I can’t express how excited I am about this project! Oh, and the cover is so unbelievably beautiful! I can’t wait to share it with you soon!

Here's just a little teaser about THE PLEDGE:

A romantic fantasy set in a dystopic, war-torn world, in which a teenage girl realizes that she may be the key to saving her country.

(Really, there's so much more to it, but that's all you get for now!)

I’m also thrilled to be working with the fabulously-talented Gretchen Hirsch once more (she was one of my original editors for The Body Finder…YAY!!!).

Speaking of The Body Finder, there will also be at least TWO MORE BOOKS IN THE SERIES AFTER DESIRES OF THE DEAD…*happy dance*!!! I’m beyond excited to spend more time with Violet & Jay…and Farrin (my equally awesome editor at HarperCollins)! I can’t wait to see what the covers will look like for books 3 and 4! But before I get ahead of myself, I should probably get back to finishing book 3. And, well, naming it. :)

I have to thank you guys for making this possible! If none of you read my books, I’m pretty sure neither publisher would want more of them. So, thankyouthankyouthankyou!

Oh, and last but not certainly least, DESIRES OF THE DEAD comes out tomorrow!!!!!!


Commence.

Nervous.

Eye-twitching…

...Now.

Comments

YA Bibliophile said…
Congrats! That's super exciting!!!
Francesca said…
Congrats Kimberly, I'm very excited for you and for us! Yay for books 3 and 4 with Violet and Jay! And I love dystopian novels so I want to read The Pledge!
Nikki said…
Congrats Kimberly!! That's fabulous news :)
This is fantastic news!! Congrats :-) I am really looking forward to reading more of your work. Awesome, awesome stuff!!
Buster815 said…
Congrats Kim!!!!! You deserve this!! Your an awesome
Author!!! Im sooooo excited that there is gonna be 2 more Body Finder books!!! And sooo excited about your new book The Pledge that book sounds awesome!! Im intrigued!!!
j said…
Wow, such awesome news!!! Not only do we get more Jay, but we get a whole new story from you!! Love this. <3
Leanna Elle said…
This is amazing news! I'm so excited to hear that TBF series is set to continue, and a new dystopian book too! Yay!!
Anonymous said…
Congrats on the good news. It must have been tough keeping it all to yourself!
Little Ms J said…
I have been waiting for this! I love it! I'm so excited for you. I can't wait to buy tickets for all your movies next....
Unknown said…
Congrats!!!!!!! I am so super excited for you and for us because we will get new books!
I am always game for more Violet novels ... and you KNOW how I love dystopians! Will be sure to mention PLEDGE in my post about upcoming dystopians this month and hope to be able to feature it this August...or next February!
HUGE congrats!! That's such great news. I can't wait to dive into more stories with Violet and Jay and The Pledge sounds awesome :-)
AHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY YAY YAY!!! Congrats Kim! WELL DESERVED
Unknown said…
This is AWESOME news!!! I am sooooo happy we're getting more books in the series of The Body Finder and cannot wait to find out more about your dystopian (my very favorite genre) CONGRATS!!!! =D
Did you ever think you'd be writing a post with so many points of good news?!?!

To dreams come true.
Ellz said…
Wow, that is a lot of great news in one day. Big Congrats and have a great Valentines Day.
Jamie said…
YES!!! Such great news! I can't wait for more Violet and Jay! And this new book sounds amazing!!
lisa and laura said…
YAY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS! We are so proud of you and can't wait to read ALL of the upcoming books. What a happy day!
Congratulations! That's awesome news. Good work!
Lena1xoxo said…
AHH, CONGRATS!!! I can't WAIT to see the cover for The Pledge and read it. EEP!

And you shouldn't worry so much about Desires of the Dead. It's Fan-Freaking-Tastic! So glad there's going to be more :D
latishajean said…
Big Congrats to you that is really exciting more books with jay and violet! Thanks for sharing :)
Lola Sharp said…
CONGRATS!!!! Huzzah!
CONGRATULATIONS, Kimberly!!! Very exciting news indeed!
Lori said…
That's such awesome news!! I'm so happy that there will be more in the Body Finder series, but I might be even more excited about The Pledge!! Dystopia is my favorite genre!!! I can't wait to read it!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! This is good news for everyone--especially me! It means MOAR books! Yay!!!!!!!!! Happy Valentine's Day!
Claire (Cem) said…
Woo hoo!! Such awesome news, congratulations!!! So excited for the new book and more Body Finder books!! And so excited to read Desires tomorrow!!
Pam Pho said…
Oh I am all over this news! Congrats and yay for me I can't wait to read it.
Jame said…
That is just wonderful news! You must be over the moon! Congrats.
Deea said…
*Joins you in the happy dance* Congrats!!! That's fantabulous!:D Ah, and I so love getting good news on Mondays! <3

Keep up the good work!;)

xoxo
Unknown said…
Right on Kim, you so Deserve this. All your animated story telling has finally been recognized. Congrates from all of us.

Hugs
Linette Lashly
Diane J. said…
Congratulations Kim! Wonderful news.
Karen Kincy said…
w00t! Congrats, Kim!!
Wow! That is so cool, Kimberly! I'm happy dancing for you!! (And I can't wait to read THE PLEDGE.)
iffath said…
Congrats Kimberly!! I'm SO excited for you <3
magan bagan said…
Yay! I was hoping there would be more in store for Violet and Jay, so congratulations. I can't wait to read them!

The Pledge sounds exciting and I'm looking forward to that as well. Thanks for sharing this news with us :)
BK Mattingly said…
That's amazing!!! Congrats!
Ashley said…
That's awesome news! I'll definitely be waiting for them!!! :)
Michelle Flick said…
Congrats! Super excited...and slightly jealous!
DJ D. said…
HOLY BLEEP!!! CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so happy for you and I cannot express how excited I am! The Pledge comes out on my birthday! :-)
Katie said…
OMG! You just made my day! Congrats!!!
Avery said…
Thank gosh! Seriously, I have no idea what I would do without Jay!
;)
Congratulations Kim! Very exciting news for you and us. Happy release day (in 3 1/2 hours)
K
Yay! I saw that in PW today and I had to come say congratulations!! I'm so excited for you!!
Unknown said…
So, so happy for you!!!! What a news packed post!!!!

Congrats!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much, everyone! I wish I could respond to everyone personally, but I SO appreciate your well wishes!!!
FREAKING awesome news Thanks for sharing!
jaqueline said…
please don't break up violet and jay i love them i really do pleasesss no rafe and violet no love trianagle great books though they are
Anonymous said…
I just finished Desires of the dead and I loooooooooooved it!!!! I am so excited that there will be more violet and jay!!!! I agree with jaqueline they should definitely stay together they r so perfect together but it is ur book and I have no doubt that no matter what u make happen in it... It will be more than AWESOME!!! Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo much for continuing violet and jays story!!!!
I am super excited about your new book and the 2 new Body Finders books. YAY for the readers!