MEET KRISTIN WALKER, A Deb-Tenner!

Today is kind of a sad day for me…it’s my VERY LAST Debs’ Interview. Like THE BODY FINDER, Kristin Walker’s book, A MATCH MADE IN HIGH SCHOOL, was “relocated” from 2009 to 2010, giving us each dual-citizenship in the Debs and The Tenners (which is awesome, btw…who wouldn’t want to belong to two of the coolest author groups in town???).

So, here’s the deal, everyone I know who’s read A MATCH MADE IN HIGH SCHOOL says the same thing: It’s hilarious! And not your regular, run-of-the-mill hilarious, but laugh-out-loud and pee-your-pants hilarious. And who doesn’t want to pee their pants??? Okay, maybe I don’t want to pee my pants, but I do love to laugh until it hurts.

About A MATCH MADE IN HIGH SCHOOL:

When a mandatory marriage education course forces Fiona to “try the knot” with super-jock Todd Harding, she’s convinced life could not possibly get any worse. Until moments later, when her long-time crush is paired with her arch-enemy (otherwise known as Todd’s obscenely hot, slightly sadistic girlfriend). But that’s nothing compared to her best friend’s fate – a year with the very shy, very goofy, very big Johnny Mercer.

A series of hilarious pranks and misunderstandings leave Fiona wondering: is there something her supposed “best friend” hasn’t told her? Could there be more to Johnny Mercer than a deep voice and an awesome music collection? And perhaps most intriguing of all, is it possible that Todd Harding could actually have a heart – and a brain – beneath his pretty-boy exterior?

Now, it’s time to meet Kristin Walker (I linked her name because she has one of my favorite websites!):

1) Would you rather be the Bestselling Rockstar Author or an Acclaimed Literary Award Winner?

Bestselling Rockstar Author. I have absolutely no literary aspirations--I know my limitations. My ultimate dream is to become the Stephen King of young adult novels.

2) Make people laugh, cry, or hide under the covers?

Laugh. I've already made way too many people cry or hide. *cue the violins* I also tend to lean a bit too far toward melodrama.

3) Retire early or just keep writing from your beach house(s)?

I'm on board with anything that includes me owning a beach house. Keep writing.

4) FaceBook or MySpace?

Facebook. But I have a MySpace, too.

5) After a period, one space or two?

One! How much time to you think I have? Plus, there's my laziness to consider.

And your bonus question: What ONE WORD of advice would give to any aspiring writer?

ENDURE


(I LOVE THAT ANSWER!!!!!!!!!)

To find out more about Kristin, and her books, check out her website at www.kristin-walker.com!

Comments

Sara@OTW said…
Awesome questions lol!