GIVE UP THE GHOST: Megan Crewe Interview

I love me a good ghost story, real or made up. In fact, I’ve lost sleep over some freaky tales that friends have relayed or late-night viewings of Ghost Hunters. Yeah, I’m that person...

So you can see why GIVE UP THE GHOST, Megan Crewe’s debut novel, piques my interest.

In a recent review, Teens Read Too says of GIVE UP THE GHOST:

“If there's one sentence that could sum up Cass McKenna's life, it would probably be that infamous line from the movie The Sixth Sense: ‘I see dead people.’”

Okay, yeah, I LOVE that line! Gets me every time.

Cass McKenna much prefers the company of ghosts over "breathers." Ghosts are uncomplicated and dependable, and they know the dirt on everybody... and Cass loves dirt. She's on a mission to expose the dirty secrets of the poseurs in her school.

But when the vice president of the student council discovers *her* secret, Cass's whole scheme hangs in the balance. Tim wants her to help him contact his recently deceased mother, and Cass reluctantly agrees.

As Cass becomes increasingly entwined in Tim's life, she's surprised to realize he's not so bad--and he needs help more desperately than anyone else suspects. Maybe it's time to give the living another chance...

Today, we welcome awesome 2009 Deb Megan Crewe, author of GIVE UP THE GHOST, to answer a few familiar questions.

Here we go:

1) Megan, would you rather be the Bestselling Rockstar Author or an Acclaimed Literary Award Winner?

Hard one! I think I'd have to go with Bestselling Rockstar Author just because ultimately it's more important to me that readers enjoy my book than critics.

2) Make people laugh, cry, or hide under the covers?

Cry, but laughter would be great, too. I'm not generally trying to scare people. :)

3) Retire early or just keep writing from your beach house(s)?

I am going to be writing as long as I'm able. From a beach house sounds nice!

4) FaceBook or MySpace?

I don't love either, but I find Facebook easier to follow.

5) After a period, one space or two?

Two! It's how I was taught, and habits are hard to break.

And your bonus question: What ONE WORD of advice would give to any aspiring writer?

Persevere. (Great answer!)

To find out more about Megan and her books, check out her website at www.megancrewe.com. And to order GIVE UP THE GHOST (and you totally should), click here!!!

Comments

lisa and laura said…
Ok, this looks amazing. What a clever concept. You are killing me with all these great interviews, Kimberly. My amazon bill is through the roof!
Katie Anderson said…
This sounds like just the book for me :-)

Happiness....
marie gomez said…
Whoo rock on megan luv ya