2009 DEB, CYN BALOG!!!

2009 Deb Cyn Balog’s debut FAIRY TALE (originally FAIRY LUST) is another one of those books whose cover I want to sit and gaze at, and maybe pet. Just a little.

And Cyn, well she’s just funny. Need proof? Check out her interview with author Josh Berk (granted, Berk probably thinks he’s the funny one, but I think it’s pretty clear that Cyn carried him in this interview).

So, what’s FAIRY TALE about, you ask?

Morgan Sparks and Cam Browne are a match made in heaven. They've been best friends since birth, they tell each other everything, and oh yeah- they're totally hot for each other. But a week before their joint Sweet Sixteen bash, everything changes. Cam's awkward cousin Pip comes to stay, and Morgan is stunned when her formerly perfect boyfriend seems to be drifting away. When Morgan demands answers, she's shocked to discover the source of Cam's distance isn't another girl- it's another world. Pip claims that Cam is a fairy. No, seriously. A fairy. And now his people want Cam to return to their world and take his rightful place as Fairy King.

Determined to keep Cam with her, Morgan plots to fool the fairies. But as Cam continues to change, she has to decide once and for all if he really is her destiny, and if their "perfect" love can weather an uncertain future.


So, I know you can’t get enough of my fabulous interview technique, so here we go…

Cyn, feel free to answer in as much detail as you want (except, of course, for the one-word BONUS question):

1) Would you rather be the Bestselling Rockstar Author or an Acclaimed Literary Award Winner?

Probably the award-winner. Maybe because I know my writing is pretty fluffy right now and far from award-winning, so that's an impossible dream. It also says a lot about a person, about their talent. To be a bestseller-- hey, all I need to do is make friends with Oprah.

2) Make people laugh, cry, or hide under the covers?

Laugh-- the other things are not as fun.

3) Retire early or just keep writing from your beach house(s)?

Retire from my full-time job early, AND keep writing from my beach house! Writing has always been too fun for me NOT to do; I still don't consider it an actual job.

4) FaceBook or MySpace?

Facebook. Myspace annoys me in so many ways, I rarely visit my page there.

5) After a period, one space or two?

Two... I am so old-school.

And your bonus question: What ONE WORD of advice would give to any aspiring writer?

Experience

To find out more about Cyn Balog and her books, check out her website at www.cynbalog.com!

And Happy Fourth, everyone.

Comments

lisa and laura said…
I am obsessed with the cover of this book. It's beautiful. A work of art.

Book covers = crack for aspiring authors.
Okay, LiLa, just wait until you're asked to give input on what you think your cover should look like. I was like a junkie pouring through site after site, studying cover after cover. I may have forgotten to eat. And maybe to comb my hair. Or to brush my teeth...
PJ Hoover said…
I'm totally buying this once I get back to Texas!
Kelly H-Y said…
Great interview. That cover is GORGEOUS!!!