Working on my Website

This has been a daunting task, and one that I've railed against every step of the way. My husband encouraged (ie. pushed) me into getting on this long before I felt like I was ready, or that it was even necessary. I tend to be one of those people who embraces technology somewhat reluctantly (I didn't learn to text until I realized that it was the only way to communicate by cell phone with my kids). I'm not sure it's so much the technology as it is that I'm not a big fan of change. Kind of a creature of habit here.

Anyway, we hired a great web designer, and I spent HOURS pouring through images at gettyimages.com, itstockphoto.com, and literally hundreds of web sites and templates to decide what I like and what I don't. The what I don't like was easy. Nothing pink, girlie, flowery...nothing that says romance writer (not that there's anything wrong with that). What I want is dark, creepy, possibly foresty (if that's even a word)...something that conveys the sense of my YA paranormal thriller. Tough to capture in just an image, but I think we've finally done it! I sent the info over to the designer, along with the tabs I want, some content, and a bio that was much harder to write than I thought it would (or should) have been. And tonight a photog friend of mine is taking some pics for said BIO page...that should be fun, assuming she's providing wine/booze/jello shots!

So, what's next?

You guessed it! A foray into the teen world of MySpace. Something I've more than railed against up until now, mostly because as an adult woman with three kids it makes me feel more creepy-stalkery than hip. (For those of you under thirty, "hip" means cool). Yet another reason I should not be allowed to grace the pages of MySpace.

Maybe I should have said "groovy".

Comments

PJ Hoover said…
That's 'cause MySpace is creepy stalker. But necessary, especially if you're YA. Now Facebook is cool. I've even friended the neighbor's kids.
Can't wait to see the website!
Thanks PJ. The sad thing is that I'm having my kids help me with my MySpace, so I'm a little afraid of how it's going to turn out! Hopefully, it doesn't give the impression that I'm thirteen.