Family Reunions...

There's something about eating other people's food that makes me very happy.

I'm not talking about jabbing my fork into the food on someone else's plate. I'm talking about parties...the kind where everyone brings their favorite dishes to share. So you can imagine that this past weekend, at my husband's family reunion, I was in hog heaven (sadly, I mean that literally...I ate my weight in salads, slaws, and salsas). Someone should have told me to put down the fork and back away slowly...

Meanwhile, on the writing front, I've been working on my latest book (a follow-up to my YA paranormal thriller)...plugging away sans outline, as usual. I'm sure it would make my life much less stressful to have a neatly detailed plan. Unfortunately, I'm just not that person. At least not in my writing. But, (insert drumroll here) over the weekend I finally worked out a crucial detail to keep the story moving along (something I've been hung up on), and even added a new antagonist (I freakin' love writing the bad guys). Everything's coming together beautifully!

Next week, it's off to Lake Coeur D'Alene in Idaho for sun and fun with the kids!

Comments